Active at the Havel
Discover the Havel region
The Havel region is the perfect vacation destination for water, nature and culture lovers. Large lakes and river landscapes invite you to swim, walk and linger. Explore historical monuments, magnificent buildings and exquisite cuisine. The Havel region is also excellent for activities such as hiking, fishing and boating. Discover the diversity of Brandenburg and its lake landscape now.
Brandenburg an der Havel
There are many historic churches, bridges and buildings to discover in Brandenburg, just minutes away from our Havel-Spitze vacation apartments:
- Der Dom zu Brandenburg (15 minutes walk)
- Jahrtausendbrücke (13 minutes walk)
- Paulikloster (8 minutes walk)
- St. Katharinenkirche (10 minutes walk)
- St. Gotthardtkirche (23 minutes walk)
- Rathaus (20 minutes walk)
- Tortürme (19 minutes walk)
- Friedenswarte (27 minutes walk)
- Bauchschmerzen-Brücke (18 minutes walk)
- Waldmöpse (8 minutes walk)
Brandenburg is also the ideal starting point for excursions to Potsdam and Magdeburg.
Take your bike and discover the area around the Havel. Because Brandenburg an der Havel is the ideal place for exploring by bike. Over 20 routes are available for you to choose from for adventurous and relaxing bike rides.
The 371 kilometer long Havel Cycle Path from Ankershagen to Gnevsdorf passes directly by Havel Spitze – you can conveniently park and charge your e-bike at Havel-Spitze.
The beautiful Havel River stretches 325 kilometers and offers a variety of activities. Especially in summer, the beaches Massowburg and Grillendamm invite you to spend a relaxing day by the water – barbecuing, sunbathing and swimming in the Havel. A leisurely stroll along the banks of the Havel River is also a great way to end the day.
The Havel is the ideal place for anglers – the extensive lake area of the Havel region offers perfect conditions for a good catch.
Relax in bubbling hot water and treat yourself to a wellness break in one of the many spas in the Havel region of Brandenburg:
Rent a boat
Where better to explore the Havel than directly from the water? When visiting the Havel, a boat trip across the river is a must. With Havel Cruiser houseboats, you can explore the area on your own and at your desired pace.
Or you can explore the Havel region during a relaxed cruise. The Havel offers a number of city tours on the water:
Whether in summer or winter – the Havel region is perfect for a hike at any time of the year. Around Berlin runs the 66-Seen-Wanderweg, which consists of almost 20 stages. You have different starting and finishing points to choose from, which you can reach comfortably by public transport and then start walking straight away.
For art enthusiasts, the International Art Trail is excellent – two passions in one: hiking and art.
Culianry in Brandenburg
On a holiday in the Havel region, you should not miss the regional cuisine. In the Havel region you will find a variety of culinary highlights in exquisite restaurants:
- La Mare in Brandenburg at the Havel
- Der Kartoffelkäfer in the inner city of Brandenburger
- Mati in Brandenburg at the Havel
- Sunday brunch im Am Humboldthain in Brandenburg at the Havel
- Restaurant “17fuffzig” at Bleiche Resort & SPA in the Spreewald
- Speisenkammer in Burg
- Goldener Hahn in Finsterwalde
- Alte Überfahrt in Werder/Havel
- Malabar in Brandenburg at the Havel